From Fashion Ad To Protest Art Class
What happens when we turn the purpose of a fashion advertising image into a more deep and meaningful message?
During the class we will explore the infinite possibilities in doodling over a magazine page using eye catchy decorations, but we will not stop at it. The idea is to give to the picture a new message and switching it into a fun, humorous, feminist or more personal protest message.
I will lead the workshop offering guidance and knowledge of my processes and techniques for manipulating images.
Along with marker pens, I will show you how to decorate with unusual materials as tape and stickers, to experience a new way to “paint” with paper.
I encourage you to use what you already have at home, check the materials list below to have an idea of what you will need.
- Fashion magazine (feel free to use any magazine you like)
- White paper (print paper of any kind, to test out colours combination)
- Cutting board, I use this one (optional if you will use scissors. Alternative option, a strong cardboard to cut our paper)
- Cutter or scissors
- Washi tape, I use mt tape
- Acrylic pens as Posca pens. I will use the following tip sizes: PC 1M, PC 5M, PC 8K and PC 7M (you can use acrylic paint as an alternative, or the following brands: Molotow, Schneider or Edding)
- Gel pens, I use Sakura pens
How Does It Works
- After you purchase the class you will receive an email with a link to download the video.
See video of the magazine that I entirely altered HERE.
Video music background taken from the following websites:
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
Every time you use someone else art techniques for your personal growth remember to:
- Give credit to the artist if you share it online (I am always happy to see what you do!)
- Ask for permission to the artist if you are willing to share this technique to someone else for educational purposes (school teachers, you are welcome!)
- DO NOT use the techniques learned on this class for your personal profits (it’s a no-no!)
Let's Stay In Touch
Please join my mailing list to stay up to date with all my online sessions.
Want to see more of this? Discover all my Art Classes Online
Donate art to someone - Discover my Art Gift Card idea
©naomi vona - 2021 - all rights reserved
Copy and reproduction rights NOT sold with artwork.