From Fashion Ad To Protest Art Class
What happens when we turn the purpose of a fashion advertising image into a more deep and meaningful message?
During the class we will explore the infinite possibilities in doodling over a magazine page using eye catchy decorations, but we will not stop at it. The idea is to give to the picture a new message and switching it into a fun, humorous, feminist or more personal protest message.
I will lead the workshop offering guidance and knowledge of my processes and techniques for manipulating images.
Along with marker pens, I will show you how to decorate with unusual materials as tape and stickers, to experience a new way to “paint” with paper.
I encourage you to use what you already have at home, check the materials list below to have an idea of what you will need.
- Fashion magazine (feel free to use any magazine you like)
- White paper (print paper of any kind, to test out colours combination)
- Cutting board, I use this one (optional if you will use scissors. Alternative option, a strong cardboard to cut our paper)
- Cutter or scissors
- Washi tape, I use mt tape
- Acrylic pens as Posca pens. I will use the following tip sizes: PC 1M, PC 5M, PC 8K and PC 7M (you can use acrylic paint as an alternative)
- Gel pens, I use Sakura pens
How Does It Works
- After you purchase the class you will receive an email with a link to download the video.
Video music background taken from the following websites:
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
Every time you use someone else art techniques for your personal growth remember to:
- Give credit to the artist if you share it online (I am always happy to see what you do!)
- Ask for permission to the artist if you are willing to share this technique to someone else for educational purposes (school teachers, you are welcome!)
- DO NOT use the techniques learned on this class for your personal profits (it’s a no-no!)
Let's Stay In Touch
Please join my mailing list to stay up to date with all my online sessions.
©naomi vona - 2021 - all rights reserved
Copy and reproduction rights NOT sold with artwork.